Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The face-less food for thought self portraits

Alright... Lets get to the point, you look at my photos and have the thought, what on earth is this chick thinking?  Sure I love sweets and oranges and such but thats not what I am getting at.  Firstly, I did my best attempt to have everything very open, spilling out of its container and such.  This was entirely on purpose because I wanted to symbolize myself being a very open person... I don't hide a lot, I don't see the need.  If you want to know something just ask.  The sweet and sour worms, well, I am a pretty sweet person, but get me on a bad day or early in the morning when I am hungry (just ask one of my friends) I am not a nice person.. aka, sour!  The oranges were just another enforcement  on  the idea of me being a open person with a juicy fun inside.  I am not dark and sad (although my doll series may contradict it).  The coffee beans, well I am a pretty deep complex individual.  And just like coffee, I can be taken and enjoyed by many different people in many different ways.  Take that how you like it, the rest is for thought!... 

2 comments:

AmandaO said...

Ohhh! More delicious photos!

These are very well photographed items, but what I like even more about them are the implied meanings behind the photos.

Hmmm...I will think about these for a bit and comment about "What I think These photos say about Kelly" later. (Dun dun dunnn!)

AO!

Unknown said...

mmmm I want a cappuccino now!

the orange grid picture really caught my eye. I looooove it. Very clean, simple and bright. You should blow it up and frame it.